This medieval village, fortified at 320 meters above sea level, was conquered and destroyed by the Lombards in the eighth century after Christ. Later rebuilt on its ancient foundations, in the ninth century it was already able to host Charlemagne, on his way to Rome to be crowned emperor. Until 1109 it was a feud of Matilde di Canossa and then it was bitterly disputed between the Ghibelline Modena and the Guelph Bologna for its evident military strategic importance. Of the ancient fortification, which gives the town its name, today remain the medieval entrance and some buildings that you now have the unrepeatable opportunity to own: the medieval tower, built in 1227 and modified in 1523, the noble palace, with eighteenth-century shapes , obtained from the transformation of an ancient covered loggia and noble residence of the Boccadiferro family until the end of the 1800s, a large rural house on two levels, the hanging garden and the large park that encloses the entire village in what was once the seat of the moat and the walls of the entire village. Today, thanks to continuous restoration and constant maintenance, this complex hosts important events and lends itself to increasingly exploit its unchanged strategic value, between Bologna and Moden.
SURFACES: Medieval fortress 296 sqm, Palace 1,151 sqm, Rural House 308 sqm = 1,755 sqm total area of the buildings.
Hanging garden and courtyard areas 4,434 sq m, Parco del Castello (the ancient moat that surrounded the village) total 10,387 sqm
Distances: 34km from Bologna, 23km from the Ferrari Factory, 5km from a Golf Course, 190km from Milan.